SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units)
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1/4 cup flour
* 3 lemons
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 2 minced garlic cloves
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 pinch black pepper
* 1 pinch cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon allspice (I use 7 Spice)
* 1/2 teaspoon Season-All salt
* bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Wash chicken breasts with cool water, then cut them into equal sized cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over chicken cubes and coat them with the flour and a pinch of salt. Cut two lemons and put the pieces in the bowl with the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- During that 15 minutes, in a mixing bowl, mix tomato paste, yogurt, mustard, garlic cloves, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, 7 spice/allspice, season-all and the juice of 1/2 lemon together.
- Rinse flour and lemon mixture off of the chicken cubes and discard the lemons.
- Coat the chicken with the spice mixture, cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- I like to eat this meal with fattoush salad and baba ghannouj, and use the marinating time to prepare those things.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the chicken cubes until they are almost completely cooked. Allow them to cool to the touch.
- When they have cooled, put about 6 cubes on each skewer.
- Mix the remaining sauce with 3T of water in the bottom of a Pyrex baking dish and balance the chicken skewers over the top.
- Bake the chicken for about 15 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with pita bread and/or rice.
* mr KA bley kta beli frying pan x; kta rsa kalau kta beli, kompem leh jadi.